i met mark sayers for coffee in melbourne earlier this year...
he is a brilliant thinker and reader of the zeitgeist as well as someone bringing a good missions head to all the emerging church stuff.
he has just posted a piece 5 thing we got wrong in the emerging missional church. this is about the australian context, not the usa or uk. but there are excellent insights to learn from. it's the most thoughtful piece i have read about emerging stuff for a while. here are the headings but go and read the article.
1. Failed to define what is meant by “attractional”
2. Failed to define what is meant by “incarnational”
3. Being overly defined by a reaction to mass/popular culture
4. Failing to understand “low fuel tank faith”
5. Being wed to Gen-X culture.
thanks to scott where i picked up the link to the article who i met in tasmania and who has since started blogging on tasmission