[this is part of a series of blog posts on art in holy week - see also
- art in holy week day one: the lent cross delarosa
- art in holy week day two: raised in leeds
- art in holy week day three: the create project
- art in holy week day four: the easter story engedi arts
- art in holy week day five: soul of sheffield
- art in holy week day six: stations of the king's cross
- art in holy week day eight: the resurrection ]
noesis is an art installation at the public in west brom. i keep trying to summarise it but it gets a full explanation here of how it explores the themes of sacrifice and community - so go there to read about it! the red threads that hang round the cross shape have been woven by various groups in the community with pieces of leather sewn in with their thoughts or words.
andy morgan who is on the cms pioneer course and is involved in west brom network church has commissioned it. john todd is the artist. again like the other art works it is in public space - in this case an arts/community centre.
if you are in west brom go and have a look. the laughing sole which is a comedy club in birmingham pioneered by helen tomblin (who has also done a few modules with us on the cms pioneer course) just expanded to a second monthly venue at the public in west brom - the next one is on may 2. that sounds an exciting development too.
and if you are in the area wbnc are exploring starting a cafe church/community that will meet in the public - see here for more info