today i have been blogging for a decade! i started because andrew jones persauded me - i didn't really know quite why or what the point was at the time but it has been a wonderful adventure.so happy blogiversary to me! i confess i don't know how to celebrate but i will be drinking a chimay in the new inn in ealing tonight whilst watching chelsea v barcelona - so come and share a drink with me there if you are a blog reader nearby or alternatively pour yourself a glass at your computer - and virtually cheers!
anyway a massive THANK YOU to any of you who have
- read posts
- looked at my photos
- joined in conversation
- followed on facebook
- followed on twitter
- been inspired
- been annoyed
- been made to think
- found hope
- developed ideas
- used or indeed given a worship trick
- become friends
- shared the journey
my first ever blog entry is here - scroll to the bottom of the page
ancient history - remember that blogger template and dial up?! there were about 10 of us blogging then...
here's ten blogging experiences over the years - anyone else recognise these?!
- being at a meal with people and all your conversation is old hat because people have read it on your blog - 'you got any new conversation?!'
- looking at everything in the world as a possible blog entry
- being invited to other countries through people who know you through your blog (usa, canada, denmark, norway, france, australia...)
- making wonderful friends - is there a name for meeting someone online and then in bodily form?
- blogging anywhere
- realising your wife can steal your thunder any time she likes - jenny did one blog post for me which became the one with most comments i had ever had and subsequently started a wonderful blog herself which won a blog award while i came runner up - she must increase, i must decrease…
- composing a blog post and in your head imagining the world's astonishment at your insights, posting it and waiting for the comments and there being total silence
- posting a trivial link and the conversation takes off and you wonder why bother with depth or originality?!
- blogging something too quickly out of a hot head and regretting it
- wondering if there is actually anyone out there at all
it was actually blogging that got me into photography again as i wanted to be able to post images to the blog so that's also been a great spin off...
anyway it's a habit i can't seem to shake off so here's to the next decade of the stream of consciousness i will no doubt inflict on the world - a mix of stuff that randomly flows between personal, family, mission, culture, faith, art, photography, the zeitgeist, creativity, pioneering, book reviews, music, proost, links and whatever else springs to mind!
update: i am highly honoured to have had an asbojesus cartoon drawn to celebrate this momentus occasion - thought i'd add it in to the post here...