here are links to writing and music i have published:
- imagining mission with john v taylor is co authored with cathy ross and speaks to contemporary issues in mission inspired by the writings of john taylor who was way ahead of his time!
- the pioneer gift is a collection of reflections on pioneer mission and ministry that i edited with cathy ross and contributed the opening chapter to.
- pioneering spirituality is a collection of reflections on spirituality in relation to pioneering mission. i edited the book with cathy ross and contributed the opening chapter.
- future present is a beautifully designed book that we crowd funded and then self published with proost. it's a series of reflections on creating a better world by imagining a different future and changing the present on the basis of that.
- curating worship explores the idea of creating worship in the way an art curator approaches the design of an exhibition. i draw on writing from the art world in the opening two chapters and then the book is a series of interviews with people who have created amazing worship experiences.
- alternative worship is a collection of liturgical resources from the alternative worship movement. it came with a cd rom which was ground breaking at the time! i put this together with doug gay and jenny brown.
- the labyrinth a transforming ritual - this is my MA dissertation pretty much as it was reflecting on ritual in postmodern culture using the labyrinth.
- grace pocket liturgies is a collection of prayers and liturgies from the grace community. my role was to gather and edit it with a few contributions of my own included.
- making communion is a collection of services exploring communion at grace over the years. it has a long introduction explaining how the approach sist within the church of england. i wrote the intro and several of the eucharistic prayers and edited the book together.
- transforming preaching began life as a rejected chapter for a book on preaching largely i think because it was called 'throwing a hand grenade in the fruit bowl'! but it got a respin and published as a grove book.
- the pioneer gift, pioneering spirituality, curating worship and future present have also been published in s korea.
i have published chapters in books as follows:
- i have written the foreword to the latest edition of the go between god by john taylor
- mission: an adventure of the digital imagination in missio dei in a digital age (forthcoming)
- a conversation on mission and imagination with ric stott published in missional conversations
- prophetic dialogue and contemporary culture in mission on the road to emmaus
- CMS pioneer mission leadership training: a new pathway in reflecting and equipping for christian mission
- pioneering mission for the church's theology in the end of theology
- rhythm of the masses in mass culture edited by pete ward. my chapter looks at communion in alternative worship communities and its engagement with postmodern cultures.
- the labyrinth as strategic practice in the rite stuff edited by pete ward. the book is on ritual in postmodern times. my chapter is a summary of my MA dissertation which looked at the labyrinth we created at st paul cathedral as an example of how ritual is a strategic practice in postmodern times.
- youth ministry changes more than you know in global youth ministry
- i also had a couple of chapters in gospel and globalisation which i can no longer trace online anywhere. it was a publication following a youth conference in south asia.
i have written a few journal articles:
- yes to mission spirituality was a response to pope francis evangelii gaudium in international review of mission 104.2, 2016
- do it from the inside was the annual louis luzbetak lecture i gave at ctu in chicago published in new theology review 30.2, 2018
- theological homelessness: getting lost to find a new way home published in anvil journal
- i wrote the editorial and edited the issue of anvil journal on mission entrepreneurship 33.1, 2017
- curating worship in anvil journal 27.1, 2010
- and i am currently one of the joint editors of anvil journal
- whose earth
- year of the jubilee
- old hymns in dub
- spirit of the new
some are still available through the audio section of proost. we have not done anything new for some time now though.